Thursday 9 January 2014

So far - so amazing

Well - as far as I can tell there's been 15 sales so far and even though 8 of those were ordered by me 3 of those were for friends who went through my POD account with the rest as Xmas pressies for my mum and sisters. Which means I've more or less broken even already on the publication costs (and taking the ISBN payment as £12.60 as 1 of 10 purchased). Not bad at all! Also 1 of the copies has been sent to the British Library which is a legal obligation for publishers whether or not you register for an ISBN - I'm officially a proper publisher!!! My, how proud am I! lol

I've been trying to put the eReader together all over the holidays - my first time doing this. It's not been accepted for publication I heard today but there's only 1 actual error on it, so I'm quite pleased with myself for that too. Not so good are the 27 'warnings' I totted up but as 18 of those are to do with leaving a single space on the file naming protocols they'll be simple to rectify and the others look to be easy enough to resolve, so the Kindle / iBook version should around gods-willing for the end of the month!

I'm also getting quite a good response for reviews although none are published yet - LinkedIn connections have been a great source for this so hopefully the promotion side of things will get off to a good start when the eBooks on the virtual shelves. I've got the DreamWorlds Publishing site off the ground as well so with luck we'll be getting some more activity on there soon as well. The DreamWorlds anthology is the next in line for publication anyway :D

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan. Less than a hundred pages left to go as I'm giving it a thourough read and I'm really enjoying it. Its one of those books that I know I'm learning a lot from and still finding thoroughly entertaining at the same time.
    Not a style I'd usually buy but I'm glad to have broadened my horizons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo - you made my day Pip! lol Glad you've liked it so far - the focus changes yet again for the last gallop so I hope you like how it winds up ;-)

      And I think you're probably the first male reader to give some meaningful feedback which is great because I wasn't sure how was doing with the male characters, especially Luey as I don't know too many wildlife vets (he was one of the characters who almost came out of nowhere after I decided Harry had to be gay... ;)

      Delete
  2. I've quite liked the relationships with the male characters. The ribbing between Phil and Harry is very good and quite funny. Luey is very likeable and didn't come off as unbelievable (although I don't know any wildlife vets either)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments and queries!